Wednesday 17 November 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1976 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jacqueline Aguilera: Venezuelan model Miss World 1995.
- Dafne Zeledon: Miss Universe - Costa Rica (1996).
- Brandon Call: American actor.
- Diane Neal: American actress and director.
- Victor Alessandro: Composer, dies at 60.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- KISS - Beth
- Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?