Wednesday 17 November 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Unicorn, directed by Jules Bass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1982!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1982 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Otacilio Neto: Brazilian footballer.
- Katie Feenstra: American basketball player.
- Lucy Durack: Australian actress and singer.
- Katie Feenstra-Mattera: American basketball player.
- Otacílio Neto: Brazilian footballer.
- Ruth Donnelly: comedienne, dies at age 86 in New York City.
- Duk Koo Kim dies unexpectedly from injuries sustained during a 14-round match against Ray Mancini in: Nevada, prompting reforms in the sport of boxing.
- Bill Baldwin: announcer (Mayor of Hollywood), dies at age 69.
- Eduard Tubin: Estonian composer and conductor (d. 1982).
- Leonid Borisovitch Kogan: Russian violinist (Born 1924).
- Dale Murphy wins NL MVP
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?