Sunday 17 November 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Panbanisha and Sékou Camara.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Built This City by Starship.
In UK The Power Of Love by Jennifer Rush was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky IV, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Texas by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Floyd on Fish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Back to the Future or Doctor Who and the Mines of Terror.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1985!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1985 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Panbanisha : American bonobo (d. 2012).
- Sékou Camara: Malian footballer (d. 2013).
- Carolina Neurath: Carolina Neurath Swedish journalist.
- Bea Saw: Filipino actress.
- Jimmy Ritz: Actor (Ritz Brothers), dies of heart failure at 81.
- Howard Stern begins broadcasting on 92.3 WXRK FM, New York
- New York Jets best offensive production beating Tampa Bay Buccaneers 62-28.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?