Tuesday 17 November 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Mony Mony Live by Billy Idol.
In UK China In Your Hand by T'Pau was in the top 5 hits.
3 Men and a Baby, directed by Leonard Nimoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1987!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1987 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:17 November
- George Bell is 1st Blue Jay ever to win the AL MVP
- In the Gulf of Alaska, a magnitude 7.2 earthquake occurs.
- The King's Cross fire on the London Underground kills 31.
- Iran-Contra affair: U.S. Senate and House panels release reports charging President Ronald Reagan with 'ultimate responsibility' for the affair.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Idol - Mony Mony Live
- Bill Medley - (I've Had) The Time Of My Life
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth
- Tiffany - I Think We're Alone Now
- Bruce Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise
- Swing Out Sister - Breakout
- Richard Marx - Should've Known Better
- Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
- Cutting Crew - I've Been In Love Before
- George Michael - Faith
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?