Wednesday 17 November 1993
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf.
In UK I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) by Meat Loaf was in the top 5 hits.
A Perfect World, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while Slow Waltz In Cedar Bend by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1993!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1993 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Grand Night For Singing opens at Criterion Theater NYC for 52 performances
- Antonov AN-124 flies in South Iran against mountain: 17 killed
- US House of Representatives approve Nafta
- US Congress votes for NAFTA.
- November 22 ampndash The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) passes the legislative houses in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- In a status referendum, Puerto Rico residents vote with a slim margin to maintain Commonwealth status.
- In South Africa, 21 political parties approve a new constitution.
- The first meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation opens in Seattle.
- Savings and loan crisis: The United States Senate Ethics Committee issues a stern censure of California senator Alan Cranston for his dealings with savings-and-loan executive Charles Keating.
- An Avioimpex Yakovlev Yak-42D crashes into Mount Trojani near Ohrid, Macedonia. The aircraft was on a flight from Geneva, Switzerland to Skopje, but had been diverted to Ohrid due to poor weather conditions at the Skopje airport. All 8 crew members and 115 of the 116 passengers are killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 November 1993 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?