Monday 17 November 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Be Faithful by Fatman Scoop featuring The Crooklyn Clan was in the top 5 hits.
Timeline, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Key of Light by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Warrior Women with Lucy Lawless.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Car Tycoon or Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 2003!
Which were the important events of 17 November 2003 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 November
- Lord Black of Crossharbour is pushed to resign as chief executive of his media empire, which may be sold.
- Occupation of Iraq:
- Izzat Ibrahim, a top general in the Iraqi army under Saddam Hussein, is directly implicated in recent attacks on US troops he is number six on the US list of most wanted Iraqis and the second-highest target still at large after the former president himself.
- Tony Blair publicly defends his decision to invite President Bush to the UK on a state visit.
- John Allen Muhammad is unanimously convicted of all four counts in the indictment against him, including two charges of capital murder, committed during the October 2002 sniper shootings in the Washington, DC, metro area. The jury is currently deciding whether Muhammad will be sentenced to death or to life in prison.
- People living near remote submarine bases in the West Highlands of Scotland are to be issued with potassium iodate tablets in case of a nuclear accident.
- Chess grandmaster Garry Kasparov is level-pegging against X3D Fritz after three games played.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 November 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?