Saturday 17 November 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Mist, directed by Frank Darabont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Book of the Dead by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vratice se rode.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Balloon Pop or Dance Dance Revolution/Dancing Stage Hottest Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 November 2007 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 November
- War in Afghanistan: Two NATO Canadian soldiers and an interpreter are killed by a roadside bomb in Panjawi, Kandahar province. Three more soldiers are wounded. (BBC)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests: The State Peace and Development Council admits 15 people have died during the protests, while United Nations envoy Paulo Sergio Pinheiro meets with ministers and political prisoners, including Win Tin. (BBC)
- Unicef announces Mai-Mai forces have released 232 children they had abducted in North Kivu, Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
- Cyclone Sidr: The death toll from the cyclone rises to 2,000 after it hits central and southern Bangladesh. (BBC)
- Algeria's People's National Army kills Abdelhamid Sadaoui, the alleged treasurer of al-Qaeda in North Africa, in Tizi Ouzou, Kabylia province. (BBC)
- Kosovan voters go to the polls for a parliamentary election, with Hashim Thaci expected to win. (BBC)
- 2007 Antofagasta earthquake: Chile is hit by a magnitude 6.0 aftershock 41 miles northwest of Antofagasta. (Reuters)
- 2007 Pakistani state of emergency:
- Former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto returns to Karachi after release from house arrest in Lahore.
- TV networks Geo TV and ARY Digital are shut down by the Pakistan government. (All Things Pakistan)
- United States Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte meets President Pervez Musharraf and vice army chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani. He calls for and end to the state of emergency, but Musharraf defends it. (BBC)
- Russian prosecutors confirm the detention of Deputy Finance Minister Sergei Storchak and two businessmen on suspicion of ampquotattempting large-scale embezzlement from the Russian state budget through fraudampquot. (Interfax)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?