Thursday 17 November 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Immortals, directed by Tarsem Singh Dhandwar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Steve Jobs: A Biography by Walter Isaacson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching When Heaven Burns.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Arkham City or Minecraft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 2011!
Which were the important events of 17 November 2011 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 November
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Explosions and gunfire are reported in the Syrian capital Damascus. (CNN)
- The presidents of Kenya, Somalia and Uganda meet in Nairobi to discuss coordinated military operations against the al-Qaeda-linked Somali terrorist group Al-Shabaab. (CNN)
- Swedish divers find the wreckage of the warship ''Svärdet'', sunk in 1676 during the Battle of Öland. (Discovery)
- The British Government sells the Northern Rock bank ndash which was nationalised in 2008 ndash to Virgin Money for £747m. (BBC)
- An Idaho man, Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, is charged with the attempted assassination of U.S. President Barack Obama, after two bullets are found embedded in the exterior of the White House. The President and First Lady were not present at the time of the alleged attack. (''New York Times'')
- The Polynesian Leaders Group, an eight-member governmental cooperative regional grouping, is formally launched in Apia, Samoa. (Radio New Zealand International)
- Reports emerge that nearly 14,000 North Korean anti-chemical-weapon suits, believed destined for Syria, were seized by Greek authorities in November 2009. (Space Daily)
- The United States House of Representatives considers censoring the Internet for the first time with the Stop Online Piracy Act. (''Washington Post'')
- Daniel Ortega, the President of Nicaragua, is declared the winner of the recent Presidential election, but opponents protest the results. (CNN)
- The ongoing NBA lockout continues, with NBA commissioner David Stern warning NBA team owners that the 2011–12 NBA season might be cancelled. (ESPN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?