Thursday 17 October 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
From the Manger to the Cross; or, Jesus of Nazareth, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1912 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- John Paul: Italian Roman Catholic 263rd Pope who reigned for only a short 34 days.
- John : Pope John Paul I (d. 1978).
- Theodore Marier: American composer and educator founded the Boston Archdiocesan Choir School (d. 2001).
- Jack Owens: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1982).
- Victor Serebriakoff: British Mensan, the Chairman of Mensan International.
- Pope John: Paul I (d. 1978)
- John Paul I [Albino Luciano]: 263rd Roman Catholic Pope (1978)
- Titus Vibe-Müller: Norwegian film director and film editor. Among his films is "Kampen om tungtvannet" ('The Battle for Heavy Water') from 1948, which he co-directed with Jean Dréville, a French/Norwegian co-production documenting the Norwegian heavy water sabotage during the Second World War. He made a number of television documentaries with zoologist Per Høst. His mother was actress Ingeborg 'Ingse' Vibe.
- Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia declare war on the Ottoman Empire, joining Montenegro in the First Balkan War.
- Krupp engineers Benno Strauss and Eduard Maurer patent austenitic stainless steel.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Way Down South - Heidelberg Quintet
- Whistle It - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 October 1912 and get them!