Wednesday 17 October 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sumner Locke Elliott and Gerrit Boeyen.
Seven Keys to Baldpate, directed by Hugh Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Sumner Locke Elliott: Australian-born American novelist (d. 1991).
- Gerrit Boeyen: Dutch cyclist.
- Verne Grant: American scientist, biologist, botanist and author.
- Marsha Hunt: American actress who made her Broadway debut in 1948, had accomplished over 60 films but never achieved major stardom.
- Elli Parvo: Italy Actor.
- Pierre Spiers: Boulogne sur Mer Musician
- Adele Chase: American painter and sculptor (d. 2000)
- Sumner Elliott: Australian-American author and playwright (d. 1991)
- Norman Leyden: American composer and conductor (d. 2014)
- Maria J "Marie" Bakker: Actress / Wife of Maarten Stranger, dies at 59.
- 1st British bombing of Germany
- First British bombing of Germany in World War I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Freedom of the World - Orpheus Quartet
- Over There - Peerless Quartet
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?