Monday 17 October 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Mackay Brown and Pricilla Lanford Buckly.
Mysteries of India, Part I: Truth, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1921 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- George Mackay Brown: Scottish Poet (d.1996).
- Pricilla Lanford Buckly: Editor / columnist (National Review).
- George Brown: Scottish poet, author and dramatist, whose work has a distinctly Orcadian character.
- Tom Poston: American actor whose medium was television, appearing on a half-dozen varied series.
- Thoams Poston: Columbus Actor.
- René Florio: Henin-Liétard Journalist
- Joseph Pasteur: Bastia Journalist
- Roger Mouly: Ussel physician
- Priscilla Buckley: American journalist and author (d. 2012)
- Maria Gorokhovskaya: USSR -- Gymnist (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Katherine Griffith: Actress (Pollyanna), dies at 45.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweetheart - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Learn to Smile - John McCormack
- Cherie - Nora Bayes
- Deep in Your Eyes - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?