Monday 17 October 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Mysteries of India, Part I: Truth, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1921 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- George Brown: Scottish poet, author and dramatist, whose work has a distinctly Orcadian character.
- René Florio: Henin-Liétard Journalist.
- Priscilla Buckley: American journalist and author (d. 2012).
- Maria Gorokhovskaya: USSR -- Gymnist (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- George Mackay Brown: Scottish Poet (d.1996).
- Pricilla Lanford Buckly: Editor / columnist (National Review)
- Thoams Poston: Columbus Actor
- Roger Mouly: Ussel physician
- Tom Poston: American actor whose medium was television, appearing on a half-dozen varied series. He won an Emmy as Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy series for "The Steve Allen Show," 1959. He became known for his endearing comedy characterization of a bumbling man-on-the-street, forgetful and somewhat irritating. In truth, Poston was a fine dramatic actor which he demonstrated in a number of stage parts and TV playhouse roles. As the '60s progressed, he finally went the way of his best plaudits and began a
- Joseph Pasteur: Bastia Journalist
- Katherine Griffith: Actress (Pollyanna), dies at 45.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sweetheart - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Learn to Smile - John McCormack
- Cherie - Nora Bayes
- Deep in Your Eyes - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1921?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 October 1921 and get them!