Friday 17 October 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Doorway to Hell, directed by Archie Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Angelo Paccignini: Composer.
- Jimmy Breslin in Queens: New York City, USA; columnist (New York Post, News, Newsday).
- Ismail Akbay: Turkish physicist and engineer (d. 2003).
- Jimmy Breslin: American journalist and author.
- Robert Atkins: American cardiologist best known for his revolutionary and controversial diet plan stressing low carbohydrates.
- Marion Sandler: American economist, financier and CEO of Golden West Financial, one of the nations best managed Savings and Loan companies. A college graduate Sandler has a BA in Economics, an MBA in Banking and an MBA in Finance, who started in her field as a securities analyst. She enjoys knitting and crocheting for relaxation.
- Philippe Cuvillier: French diplomat, who served as ambassador to Egypt (1981-1985), Brazil (1987-1989), Switzerland (1989-1991), and Italy (1991-1993).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?