Thursday 17 October 1935
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Hands Across the Table, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1935!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1935 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Michael Eavis: English farmer founded the Glastonbury Festival.
- Sydney Chapman: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Milkha Singh: Runner.
- Pacific Association of Amateur Athletic Union votes not to participate in Berlin Olympics.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?