Thursday 17 October 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
North West Mounted Police, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Stephen Kovacevich: American pianist and conductor.
- Jim Smith: English footballer and manager.
- Peter Stringfellow: British nightclub owner.
- German occupiers issue identity cards
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?