Tuesday 17 October 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Cole in West Medford and Mary Peppler.
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1944 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Carol Cole in West Medford: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Ellie - Grady).
- Mary Peppler: American volleyball player and coach.
- Max Tessier: French film critic and journalist.
- Pavel Haas: Czech composer (d. 1944).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?