Thursday 17 October 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Deception, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1946 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Bob Seagren: American athlete, the winner of a Silver Medal at the Munich Olympics 9/02/1972.
- James Ray Tucker: Los Angeles, California -- Rock guitarist (Turtles-Eleanor).
- Vicki Hodge: London, England -- Actress (Confessions of a Sex Maniac).
- Ronni Chasen: American film publicist (Born 1946).
- Michael Hossack: American drummer (The Doobie Brothers) (d. 2012).
- Cameron Mackintosh: English producer and manager
- Adam Michnik: Polish journalist and historian
- Drusilla Modjeska: English-Australian author and critic
- Robert Seagren: Pomona sports Champions
- Robin Armstrong: Professional Astrologer since 1970. He has been a founding member of several astrology organizations: CIAO (Canadian Independent Astrologers Order), FCA (Fraternity for Canadian Astrologers), ATI (Astrology Toronto Inc.), IAO Research Centre, the AFAN (Association For Astrological Networking) and the International Astrological Library Association. For nineteen years, he developed and ran the IAO Library of Divine Sciences and the Healing Arts. He also ran the Star Centre and its astrological lib
- Jacques Bertin: French singer, poet and journalist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1946 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hoagy Carmichael - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Rumers are Flying - Tony Martin
- Five Minutes More - Skitch Henderson & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 October 1946 and get them!