Sunday 17 October 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Wendt in Chicago and Alain Lecointe.
The Red Shoes, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Break the $250,000 Bank.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1948!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1948 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- George Wendt in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Norm - Cheers).
- Alain Lecointe: French perpetrator of several rapes committed in Europe.
- Robert Jordan: author of the Wheel of Time series (Born 1948).
- Margot Kidder: Canadian-American actress.
- Michael Lynch: American sociologist and academic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?