Tuesday 17 October 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1950 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Philippe Barbarin: Italian ecclesiastic; Roman Catholic cardinal.
- Howard E Rollins Jr: Baltimore, Maryland -- Actor (Bannister-Wildside, Another World).
- Michael Lynn Synar: (Rep-D-Oklahoma, 1979- ).
- Sandra Reemer: Dutch singer (As Love Goes).
- Barbara Wilson: American writer; Wilson is also founder of Seal Press.
- Howard Rollins: American actor (Born 1950)
- Jean-François Humbert: French politician, a member of the Senate of France who represents the Doubs department and is a member of the Union for a Popular Movement Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'll Always Love You (Querida Mia) - Dinah Shore
- Harbor Lights - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Eddie Fisher - Thinking of You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?