Friday 17 October 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Limelight, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1952!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1952 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Howard E Rollins Jr in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; actor (Bannister - Wildside).
- Rich Klein: American musician, a keyboard player with local groups in the Aspen, Colorado area.
- Indonesian troops led by General Nasution surround the presidential palace, seeking the dismissal of the People's Representative Council Sukarno avoids confrontation.
- Alain Bombard begins to sail from the Canary Islands to Barbados in 65 days he reaches them December 23.
- John Bamford, aged 15, rescues victims of a house fire and becomes the youngest person to have been awarded the George Cross.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?