Friday 17 October 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK Stupid Cupid / Carolina Moon by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Seventh Seal, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1958!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1958 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Howard Alden: American guitarist.
- Craig Murray: English academic and politician.
- Alan Jackson: Country Singer.
- Blaine McCallister: Fort Stockton, Texas -- PGA golfer (1989 Honda Classic).
- Gig Gangel Harlingen TX: Playmate (Jan, 1980).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Earl Grant - The End
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- Roger Williams - Near You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?