Saturday 17 October 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
A Summer Place, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1959 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Ron Drummond: American author and scholar.
- Russell Gilbert: Australian comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Mark Peel: Australian historian and academic.
- Richard Roeper: American journalist and critic.
- Billy Barnes Revue closes at John Golden Theater NYC after 87 performances
- Queen Elizabeth II is fined $140 for withdrawing her race horse.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?