Monday 17 October 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Patrick Delsing and Guy Henry.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Alamo, directed by John Wayne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching BBC Sunday-Night Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1960 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- James Patrick Delsing: St. Louis, Missouri -- PGA golfer (1993 New England-2nd).
- Guy Henry: English actor.
- Rob Marshall: American director producer and choreographer.
- Bernie Nolan: Irish singer and actress (The Nolans) (d. 2013).
- Philippe Sands: American lawyer and academic.
- Tenderloin opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 216 performances
- US and Britain sign accord for nuclear sub bases
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?