Thursday 17 October 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Goycochea and Norm Macdonald.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
Tom Jones, directed by Tony Richardson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Na slovo, na slovo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1963 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Sergio Goycochea: Argentinian footballer and journalist.
- Norm Macdonald: Canadian-American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Toby Young: English journalist and academic.
- Jacques Hadamard: French mathematician who made major contributions in number theory, complex function theory, differential geometry and partial differential equations and proved the prime number theorem.
- Jennie opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 82 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?