Sunday 17 October 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Connie Ann Hearn in Anchorage and Tony Cimber.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Yesterday by The Beatles.
In UK Tears by Ken Dodd was in the top 5 hits.
The Cincinnati Kid, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
On TV people were watching John Klings Abenteuer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1965!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Connie Ann Hearn in Anchorage: Alaska, USA; actress (New Kind of Family).
- Tony Cimber: American member of noted family he is the son of actress Jayne Mansfield and director Matt Cimber (Born Thomas Vitale Ottaviano).
- Antonio Ottaviano: American noted family, the fifth child of actress Jayne Mansfield and her third husband, director Matt Cimber.
- Aravinda de Silva: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- John Barton King: Philadelphian cricketer (Born 1873).
- On A Clear Day You Can See Forever opens in NYC for 280 performances
- WBMG TV channel 42 in Birmingham, AL (CBS) begins broadcasting
- The 1964-1965 New York World's Fair closes after a two year run. More than 51 million people had attended the two-year event.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 October 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Yesterday
- Roy Head - Treat Her Right
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Herman's Hermits - Just A Little Bit Better
- Sonny And Cher - Baby Don't Go
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Do You Believe In Magic
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?