Tuesday 17 October 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Allen West and Mark Johnson.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Vater und sein Sohn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1967 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Allen West: US metal guitarist (Obituary, Cause of Death).
- Mark Johnson: Worcester, Massachusetts -- Infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Reggie Clark: NFL linebacker (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Rene Dif: Danish musician (Aqua).
- Anette Bjärlestam: Swedish actress, well known in her field.
- Nathalie Tauziat: French professional tennis player, runner-up at the 1998 Wimbledon championships. In 2003, she became Bartoli's coach.
- René Dif: Danish singer and actor (Aqua)
- Simon Segars: English businessman
- Kim Seung-jun: South Korean voice actor
- Henry Pu Yi: last Emperor of China (Born 1906).
- Hair premieres on Broadway
- Barbra Streisand stars on Belle of 14th Street special on CBS
- Memorial service for Brian Epstein at New London Synagogue
- Pete Knight in X-15 reaches 85 km
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?