Thursday 17 October 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Ice Station Zebra, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Preserve And Protect by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1968 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Heather McDermid: Calgary, Alberta -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Graeme Le Saux: English footballer and sportscaster.
- David Robertson: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Ziggy Marley: Jamaican musician.
- Black American athletes make a silent protest against racism at the Olympics
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- James Brown - Say It Loud - I'm Black And I'm Proud (Part 1)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?