Friday 17 October 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Pupunu and Theodore Ernest Els.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Can't Get Next To You by The Temptations.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Marlowe, directed by Paul Bogart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange Paradise.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1969 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Alfred Pupunu: NFL tight end (SD Chargers).
- Theodore Ernest Els: Johannesburg, South Africa -- PGA golfer (1994 US Open).
- Joe Courtney: American basketball player: forward.
- Ernie Els: So.
- Wyclef Jean: Haitian rapper, member of the Fugees, with his friend Pras Michel (born 19 October 1972, New-York).
- Rick Mercer: Canadian comedian, television personality, political satirist and author. He is best known for his work on the CBC Television comedy shows This Hour Has 22 Minutes and The Rick Mercer Report. He is the author of three books, based on content from the television shows.
- Nancy Sullivan: TV Actress
- Wood Harris: American actor and producer
- Soyuz 7 returns to Earth.
- New York Nets move from Comack to Island Garden, Hempstead New York.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- Marvin Gaye - That's The Way Love Is
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?