Tuesday 17 October 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vicki Goetze and Jen Caltrider.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
Boot Hill, directed by Giuseppe Colizzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Colditz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1972 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Vicki Goetze: Michicot, Wisconsin -- LPGA golfer (1995 British Open-12th).
- Jen Caltrider: American producer with CNN from February 1998 after six months internship.
- Eminem : BAmerican white rapper with a solid reputation of vulgarity, exhibitionism, irreverence and rage, the apparent requisites for success with the youth culture at the turn of the century.
- Tarkan : Turkish singer born in Germany, a key artist in the history of European pop music with his song "Simarik".
- Sharon Leal: American actress.
- Musashi : Japanese martial artist and kick-boxer
- Joe McEwing: American baseball player coach and manager
- 1st time Islanders shut-out-5-0 vs. Penguins
- Elizabeth II visits Yugoslavia.
- The first female FBI agents are hired.
- Belgian Eddy Merckx sets a new world hour record in cycling in Mexico City.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling
- Bill Withers - Use Me
- Elvis Presley - Burning Love
- The Main Ingredient - Everybody Plays The Fool
- The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
- Michael Jackson - Ben
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
- Rick Nelson - Garden Party
- Hot Butter - Popcorn
- Raspberries - Go All The Way
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?