Sunday 17 October 1982
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Pass The Dutchie by Musical Youth was in the top 5 hits.
Halloween III: Season of the Witch, directed by Tommy Lee Wallace, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1982!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1982 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
Famous Birthdays:17 October
- Peterus van Doorne: Dutch industrialist, dies at 47.
- 1st live orchestra on commerical network since 1954 (National Symphony)
- Emmy News and Documentaries Award presentation
- Robin Yount is 1st to have 2 4-hit games in a World Series
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Flock Of Seagulls, A - I Ran (So Far Away)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 October 1982 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?