Friday 17 October 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to When I Think Of You by Janet Jackson.
In UK True Blue by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
The Color of Money, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1986 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Chris Motionless: Metal Singer.
- Mohombi : R&B Singer.
- Aija Brumermane: Latvian basketball player.
- Yannick Ponsero: French figure skater.
- Yitzak Rabin forms Israeli government
- US Senate approves immigration bill prohibiting hiring of illegal aliens and offering amnesty to illegals who entered prior to 1982.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Don Johnson - Heartbeat
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
- Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam - All Cried Out
- Billy Joel - A Matter Of Trust
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?