Wednesday 17 October 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Genius of Photography.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mass Effect or Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 17 October 2007 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 October
- French public transport workers hold a 24-hour strike protesting at changes to pensions. (BBC via ABC News Australia)
- John Fahey, former Premier of New South Wales, is appointed as the President of the World Anti-Doping Agency. (Herald Sun)
- The Dalai Lama is awarded the Congressional Gold Medal by the United States Congress the decision is defended by George W. Bush.
- Burmese activist and Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi is granted honorary citizenship by Canada. (Globe and Mail)
- 2007 Turkish offensive on Iraqi territories against Kurdish rebels: The Turkish Grand National Assembly approves a government request for their troops to cross the Iraqi border to attack Kurdish rebels. (Sky News)
- The President of Sudan Omar Hassan al-Bashir approves a Cabinet reshuffle meeting one of the demands of the Sudan People's Liberation Movement (SPLM) who had earlier withdrawn participation in the government. (Reuters)
- Trading on the Bombay Stock Exchange's BSE Sensex is briefly suspended after a 9% decline in the market. (BBC)
- Pope Benedict XVI announces he will create twenty-three new members of the College of Cardinals in the consistory of November 24. (ZENIT)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?