Monday 17 September 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1900 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Ruth Gerry: American astrologer, listed as a pro in Boston in 1942, the year that she joined AFA.
- John Willard Marriott: American hotelier (d. 1985).
- Hughie Critz: American baseball player (Born 1900).
- J Marriott: American businessman founded the Marriott Corporation (d. 1985).
- Commonwealth of Australia proclaimed
- Queen Victoria disbands British parliament
- Philippine-American War: Filipinos under Juan Cailles defeat Americans under Colonel Benjamin F. Cheatham at Mabitac.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 September 1900 and get them!