Monday 17 September 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Willard Marriott and Ruth Gerry.
Soldiers of the Cross, directed by Herbert Booth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1900!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1900 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- John Willard Marriott: American hotelier (d. 1985).
- Ruth Gerry: American astrologer, listed as a pro in Boston in 1942, the year that she joined AFA.
- Hughie Critz: American baseball player (Born 1900).
- J Marriott: American businessman founded the Marriott Corporation (d. 1985).
- Commonwealth of Australia proclaimed
- Queen Victoria disbands British parliament
- Philippine-American War: Filipinos under Juan Cailles defeat Americans under Colonel Benjamin F. Cheatham at Mabitac.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1900?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?