Saturday 17 September 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar G Ulmer and Frederick Ashton.
Quo Vadis?, directed by Lucien Nonguet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1904.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1904!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1904 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Edgar G Ulmer: Austrian-American film director (d. 1972).
- Frederick Ashton: Ecuadorian-English dancer and choreographer (d. 1988).
- Jerry Colonna: Boston, Massachusetts -- Actor (Road to Morocco, Road to Singapore).
- Edgar Ulmer: Czech-American director screenwriter and set designer (d. 1972).
- Raden Ayu Kartini: Indonesian national heroine (Born 1879).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?