Wednesday 17 September 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jorgen Jersild and Robert Lembke.
Hamlet, directed by Hay Plumb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1913!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1913 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Jorgen Jersild: Composer.
- Robert Lembke: German television presenter who was the host of the game show "What's My Line?" from 1961 until his death on 14 January 1989 in Munich.
- In Chicago, the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith is founded, with Sigmund Livingston as its first president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Every Lover Must Meet His Fate - Reed Miller
- Santa Lucia - Reed Miller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?