Monday 17 September 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, directed by Marshall Neilan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1917 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- William Grut: Swedish pentathlete (d. 2012).
- Ib Melchior: Danish-American author and screenwriter (d. 2015).
- Isang Yun: South Korean-German composer and educator (d. 1995).
- Lawrence Jacob: Atlantic City, New Jersey -- Artist (Sanitarium).
- Peter Bennett: London, England -- Actor (Leonides-Adventures of Sir Lancelot).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Huckleberry Finn - Van & Schenck
- The Old Grey Mare - Prince's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?