Friday 17 September 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Over the Hill to the Poorhouse, directed by Harry Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1920 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Dinah Sheridan: British actress in TV, theater and films for seven decades.
- Marjorie S Holt: (Rep-R-Maryland, 1973- ).
- Cards set a record of 12 consecutive hits in 4th (10) and 5th (2) innings
- National Football League organizes in Canton Ohio 12 teams pay $100 each to join American Prof Football Association
- The National Football League is organized in Canton, Ohio, United States.
- The National Football League was founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chili Bean - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
- Shannon Four - Wond'ring
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?