Tuesday 17 September 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Stewart-Clark and Lord Craig of Radley.
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1929 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- John Stewart-Clark: MEP (C).
- Lord Craig of Radley: Marshal (RAF).
- Sir Stirling Moss: English race car driver.
- Henri Delauze: French engineer, diver and entrepreneur who founded the company COMEX.
- Sil Austin: American saxophonist (d. 2001).
- David Craig: Baron Craig of Radley Irish air marshal and politician
- Pat Crowley: American actress
- Stirling Moss: auto racer, killed while racing at age 32.
- British troops begin evacuating
- A coup ousts Augustinas Voldemaras in Lithuania the new president is Antanas Smetona.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?