Thursday 17 September 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodsworth, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1936 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Gerald Guralnik: American physicist and academic (d. 2014).
- Michael Hennagin: American composer and educator (d. 1993).
- Rolv Wesenlund: Norwegian actor and singer (d. 2013).
- Jennifer Dickson: Artist / photographer.
- Mischa de Vreede: Poetess (Our Eternal Hunger).
- Richard Gaskell: Solicitor / President (Law Society)
- Ettie Annie Rout: New Zealand activist (Born 1877).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?