Monday 17 September 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1945 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Alain-Charles Perrot: French architect and Chief Architect of Historical Monuments.
- Bhakti Caru Swami: Indian spiritual leader.
- David Emerson: Canadian economist and politician 8th Minister of Foreign Affairs for Canada.
- Bruce Spence: New Zealand actor.
- Johanna Fiedler: American noted family, the first born of Arthur Fiedler's three kids.
- Bhakti Swami: Indian religious leader
- Maurizio Vitale: Swiss-Italian clothing magnate, outraged the Vatican in the early '70s by pairing bulging buttocks and parodies of Christian teachings in advertisements for his "Jesus jeans." Never shy of publicity, he followed up his "Jesus jeans" stint with a $100 million jeans-and-jackets sale to the Soviet Union. He did this by becoming the U.S.S.R.'s official supplier of off-track uniforms for their 1984 Olympic team.
- Phil Jackson: American athlete, a basketball star and coach. Formerly the 6th man for the Knicks and the New York Nets 1967-80, he led the NBA with 330 personal fouls in 1975. He played with the Knicks for 13 seasons.
- Richard Marquis: American studio glass artist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 17 September 1945 and get them!