Monday 17 September 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Divorce Italian Style, directed by Pietro Germi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1962 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Dustin Nguyen: Vietnamese-American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Hesham Qandil: Egyptian engineer and politician 51st Prime Minister of Egypt.
- BeBe Winans: American singer-songwriter and producer (BeBe & CeCe Winans).
- Wayne Riley: Sydney, NSW -- Australasia golfer.
- Mikey Linick: American radio personality known as "Mikey Dee," this popular DJ/musician/promoter died on 7/6/2003 after a bout with pneumonia.
- Fátima Bernardes: Brazilian journalist who presented 'Jornal Nacional News on brazilian TV at 9 o'clock evening with partner William Bonner for more than 15 years, one of the country´s most famous journalist. She married her news partner in 1990 and had triplets, two girls Laura and Beatriz and a boy, Vinícius, on 21 October 1997. At the moment, she presents the live talk show "Encounters with Fatima", interviewing guests and public.
- Marianne Yen: Asian writer, unknown author of Shen Tong's autobiography "Almost a Revolution", 1990. While a reporter for the Washington Post, she interviewed Raisa Gorbachav. By 1992. she had returned to her law classes at Columbia Law School.
- Baz Luhrmann: Australian film director
- Justice Department files 1st suit to end segregation in public schools
- US space officials announce selection of nine new astronauts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?