Thursday 17 September 1964
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Conrad and Karen Straker.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The House Of The Rising Sun by The Animals.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Band of Outsiders, directed by JeanLuc Cinéma Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World War One.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1964 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Christian Conrad: Actor (Charley Hannah, High Mountain Rangers).
- Karen Straker: Horse show jumper.
- Franck Piccard: French athlete, the winner of France's first Winter Olympics medal, the Silver Medal in Albertville, 1992.
- Bewitched premieres on ABC TV
- Beatles are paid a then record $150,000 for a concert (Kansas)
- Mickey Mantle gets hits #1999, 2000 and 2001 and his 450th HR
- Supremes release Baby Love
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?