Saturday 17 September 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Childress and Doug E Fresh.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to You Can't Hurry Love by The Supremes.
In UK All Or Nothing by The Small Faces was in the top 5 hits.
Masculin Féminin, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ja zuster, nee zuster.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1966!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1966 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Fred Childress: CFL guard (Calgary Stampeders).
- Doug E Fresh: American rapper, record producer, and beatboxer.
- Stephane Rousseau: Canadian humorist and actor.
- Paula Jones: American employee of a low-level government job, she came close to bringing down an American president.
- Stéphane Rousseau: Canadian humourist and film actor, widely known for his role in "The Barbarian Invasions".
- Doug Fresh: Rapper
- Fritz Wunderlich: German operatic tenor who studied and made his debut in Freiburg in 1954.
- Cleveland pitchers set AL record striking out 19 batters in 1st 9 innings
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Association - Cherish
- The Hollies - Bus Stop
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
- The Sandpipers - Guantanamera
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?