Saturday 17 September 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Pe�a and Gabrielle Ferrer.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Chill, directed by Lawrence Kasdan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Give us a Break.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Business Games or Computer Football Strategy Football Strategy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1983 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Jennifer Pe�a: American singer.
- Gabrielle Ferrer: American noted family, the daughter of Gabriel and Debby Boone Ferrer, the first of twins.
- Dustin Ferrer: American noted family, the son of Gabriel and Debby Boone Ferrer, the second of twins.
- Sanaya Irani: TV Actress.
- RJ Jimenez: Filipino singer and guitarist.
- Jennifer Peña: American singer-songwriter producer and actress
- Aiza Seguerra: Filipino singer-songwriter guitarist and actor
- Humberto Madeiros: US Cardinal to Boston, dies at 67.
- Chicago White Sox clinch their 1st-ever AL West championship
- Vanessa Williams (NY), 20, crowned 56th Miss America 1984, 1st black
- Vanessa Lynn Williams is crowned Miss America, in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Asia - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?