Monday 17 September 1984
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Missing You by John Waite.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Ninja III: The Domination, directed by Sam Firstenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1984!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1984 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Domenico Citro: Italian footballer.
- Mary Descenza: American swimmer.
- De La Ghetto : American-Puerto Rican singer-songwriter (Arcángel & De La Ghetto).
- John Kucera: Canadian alpine ski racer.
- Patrick van Luijk: Dutch sprinter.
- Eugenia Volodina: Russian model
- Richard Basehart: American stage actor in the '30s who made his Broadway debut in 1938.
- Dwight Gooden ties record of 32 strikeouts in consecutive games
- Reggie Jackson is 13th to hit 500 HRs
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?