Thursday 17 September 1987
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Friesen and Tim Burton.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Just Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley was in the top 5 hits.
Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tour of Duty.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battleships (video game) or Dragon Spirit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1987!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1987 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Ray Friesen: American cartoonist and founder of Don't Eat Any Bugs Productions.
- Tim Burton: YouTube Star.
- Paul Huntington: English footballer.
- Yang Ko-han: Taiwanese actress (d. 2015).
- Philadelphia celebrates 200th anniversary of Constitution
- At a small rally in Harlem, televangelist Marion Robertson announces his candidacy for the 1988 Republican presidential nomination.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 September 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- ABC - When Smokey Sings
- Huey Lewis & The News - Doing It All For My Baby
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
- Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Lost In Emotion
- Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?