Monday 17 September 1990
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
King of New York, directed by Abel Ferrara, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Four Past Midnight by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1990 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Famous Birthdays:17 September
- Newspaper Guild votes 242-35 to keep New York Post publishing.
- Soviet Union and Saudi Arabia restore diplomatic ties.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Phil Collins - Something Happened On The Way To Heaven
- George Michael - Praying For Time
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?