Thursday 17 September 1992
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Ebeneezer Goode by The Shamen was in the top 5 hits.
The Mighty Ducks, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching American Justice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Challenge of the Five Realms: Spellbound in the World of Nhagardia or Exvania.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1992!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1992 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 September
- William A Swanberg: Biographer (Henry Luce, Pulitzer 1973), dies at 84.
- House votes 280 to 128 to give FCC control of cable TV rates
- NFL decides to suspend World League Football
- An Iranian Kurdish leader and his two joiners are assassinated by political militants in Berlin, Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?