Friday 17 September 1999
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Huttlestone .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Unpretty by TLC.
In UK Mambo No 5 (A Little Bit Of...) by Lou Bega was in the top 5 hits.
Fight Club, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while When the Wind Blows by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spaced.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Digimon Adventure: Anode/Cathode Tamer or Pharaoh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 September 1999!
Which were the important events of 17 September 1999 ?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The fourth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries in ancient Greek mythology, when the initiates sacrificed a pig.
- Angola - National Heroes' Day
- Frankie Vaughan: English singer and actor (d. 1999).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 September 1999
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?