Wednesday 18 April 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar Unsworth and Clara Eggink [Ebbele].
Invisible Thief, directed by Gaston Velle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1906 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Edgar Unsworth: Justice of Appeals (Gibralter).
- Clara Eggink [Ebbele]: Dutch poetess (Life with JC Bloem).
- Clara Eggink: Dutch writer, poet, critic and translator of world literature, who married thrice.
- Luis Martin: Spanish Superior-General of the Society of Jesus (Born 1846).
- Calvinist Reformed Union in the Netherlands Church forms in Utrecht
- San Francisco earthquake and fire kills nearly 4,000 and destroys 75% of city
- At 5:13 a.m., an earthquake estimated at close to 8.0 on the Richter scale strikes San Francisco, California. The quake was caused by a slip of the San Andreas Fault over a segment about 275 miles long. An estimated 3,000 people died from the quake and fires. Almost 30,000 buildings are destroyed, including most of the city's homes and nearly all the central business district.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- So Long, Mary - Corrine Morgan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?