Friday 18 April 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buxton Daeblite Orr and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown in Vinton.
Sherlock Jr., directed by Buster Keaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1924 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Buxton Daeblite Orr: Composer.
- Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown in Vinton: Louisiana, USA; blues singer ("Mary is Fine").
- Lord Mason of Barnsley Member of Parliament (Labour): British defense secretary.
- Henry J: Hyde; American politician (Representative-Republican-Illinois).
- Clarence ''Gatemouth'' Brown: American musician (d. 2005).
- Ghislain Cloquet: Belgian-born French cinematographer. He went to Paris to study and became a French citizen in 1940.
- James Scott: Scottish physician, a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Married; two kids.
- Étienne Taillemite: French historian and archivist who died on 24 August 2011 at Allogny.
- : American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2005)
- Henry Hyde: American commander lawyer and politician (d. 2007)
- Roy Mason: English miner and politician Secretary of State for Defence (d. 2015)
- 1st crossword puzzle book published (Simon & Schuster)
- First crossword puzzle book published (in USA by Simon and Schuster).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When It's Night Time in Italy - Lew Holtz & His Orchestra
- Roamin' To Wyomin' - California Ramblers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?